Monday, November 26, 2012

Intro and My Way or the Skyway achievement

My name is Highfallen Nyteangel. I play the game Rift and am a member of the guild Return of the Chosen on the US server Deepwood. We're a casual play guild and enjoy doing group activities and just having fun together. My two main toons are a cleric (Highfallen), and a mage (Nyteangel). Recently, the Storm Legion expansion was released and we've all been busy leveling up to the new cap of 60. Grinding definitely gets boring after a while so to break from the annoyance I started seeking out some of the new achievements in Brevane and Dusken (my focus mostly on Brevane at this time as that's where I've quested most). Many of the new achievements are actually quite fun and challenging to do. For example, one that I did last night in Kingdom of Pelladane:

I Don't Get the Point

That achievement takes some very tricky jumping to achieve. And one that I did today in City Core:

 - My Way or the Skyway

This achievement can be very confusing as many think the "skyways" you're to find are the broken TBTS bridges when actually they're just small connectors from the buildings in the public market area.



This is the first achievement that I will cover as it's the most recent.

My Way or the Skyway is a City Core zone achievement. To start, go to the Public Market area of the zone. At coordinates 6875, 10005 you will find a vine coming up through the ground. Run onto it and, when at its peak, turn to face the roof of the nearby building.


Jump over onto the tower. From there, run to the other end of the roof. Go to the right corner and jump onto the wall that extends out to another tower. From here you will drop down onto the first and second Skyway.


Jump onto the railing of the tower and drop onto the first skyway on the left. To receive credit, you will have to walk to the other end of it. Then, jump down onto the second skyway. Again, walk to the other end to make sure you receive credit. Run back to your starting point at the vine and jump back over to the roof and run all the way across to the middle tower. Looking down, you can see the zone puzzle that you need a book to complete.


You will have to drop down onto that area below. You will take about 13000 falling damage doing so, make sure you heal up. On the left side of the roof near the tower you can look down and see another roof and the skyway. Drop down onto that roof (again, you will take a good bit of falling damage), and walk out onto the skyway. And there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment